Hello everyone, in my digital citizen class at ISD, we had a project called ‘Genius Hour.’ It’s basically a project where we can research any topic we’re interested in. I chose to do a research on makeup. Since, in today’s society, makeup can completely transform a person and give them the confidence and self-esteem they need to succeed. The teenage population today is more known to have a lower self-esteem than a higher one because of the various ads they see on T.V. and in magazines. Most of these ads are very much unrealistic. 

link to my presentation.

The research questions I had were:

• Today’s society and makeup
  • History of Makeup
  • Why people wear makeup?
  • Benefits and disadvantages of wearing makeup
  • Why guys also wear makeup
  • Makeup items and their uses

Researching through that list of questions made me realized and learned a lot more about makeup. Makeup has a deeper value; it enhances the contrast of the human face, allowing for faster recognition of gender. Wearing makeup is an act of self-care. It boosts your confidence. It can transfer many versions of yourself. Makeup = Art & Fun. History of makeup: from the copper ore and lead ore used by the Egyptians to create the world’s number one cosmetic into today’s advanced scientific products that can do anything. Over the centuries, women adapted materials such as burnt matches to darken their eyes, berries to stain their lips and young boys’ urine to fade their freckles. In my opinion, men can wear makeup, it is a personal choice. Makeup is genderless just a very powerful tool that can generate confidence.

For my next genius hour project, I am planning on research about sociology. Mainly about how social media can have an effect on society. It may help inform facts to my community.